Steelgate Central management Console (CMC) features a modern, easy to use, web browser-based user interface which is designed to manage multiple installations of backup clients.
The remote management of Steelgate clients is essentially working the same way as it is done using the Steelgate user interface. A Dashboard provides the most important figures to get an immediate status of all connected backup software installations and wizards help to create, delete, modify, and schedule backup-jobs. It’s possible to “drill down” into the file system of specific files and folders as well as selecting SQL, Exchange and VMware Virtual machines. Backup policies can be applied to a single backup client, or a group of them. This way it’s very easy to deploy policies to any number of backup clients. This is very useful if whole companies are managed which requires the same individual policies Reports like the total amount of failed backups or how many backup failures have occurred over a period of time for a specific Steelgate backup client or group of Steelgate’s. Log files generated on each of the connected client can be fully viewed.
- Remote Management and Control of all Steelgate 12.5 Clients or greater.
- Manages from one up to thousands of widely distributed Steelgate clients.
- The management of backup jobs is essentially working the same way as it is done using the client user interface.
- On demand backups and restores .
- A backup job can be started or stopped.
- The Central Management Console can “drill down” into the file system of a single data set to select specific files and folders as well as SQL, Exchange and VM’s from ESXi 4.0+ and vSphere servers.
- Reports are summarizing specific and overall operation.
- User interface can be displayed by all popular browsers.
- Remote access to local log files of the backup client.